A bird does not sing because it has an answer.  It sings because it has a song.

16 October 2012

15 years ago today

1000 ISPs Live With x2 Technology -- October 16, 1997.

In honor of the 16th anniversary of the launch of x2 today, I have gone back and set up links on my x2 story posts so that you can start at the beginning and click seamlessly through to the end.

(Actually, it was because one of my former coworkers asked for an easier way to read the story, but hey -- any excuse will do.)

I find it fascinating that I can still locate 1996 and 1997 press releases about this stuff.  There's still a website called 56K.com , and although it's probably not as useful (or as widely read) as it was 15 years ago, it's a fun little trip down memory lane if you're into that sort of thing.

After today, though, I think it's time to move on to more current affairs.  Time to choose another tale to spin.  I'll give it some thought, and I will take requests.  For today, though, happy x2 anniversary, especially to all my old Robobuddies.  Download a toast to the great time we had.  It's on me.  :-)

No comments: